The hair headband (disaster)

Hello there darlings and loved ones! Last Friday I decided to try to create a hairstyle, since I figured that as a 22 year old I should be...

Hello there darlings and loved ones!

Last Friday I decided to try to create a hairstyle, since I figured that as a 22 year old I should be able to do more with my hair than comb it. And since I say that you should never wear a ponytail in public, unless you're doing any kind of sport activity or you're trying to look like a pony, I had to look for some other options.

So I watched this video


and since I'm a 100% Waldorf girl and all up for headbands, I decided to try the braided headband hairstyle.

It looked simple and easy. You just take a small amount of hair, create a braid and pin it on the other side of your head. That easy. That simple. 




NO. 

So I managed to create this look but it looked completely disasterous. At first the amount of hair was really thin and I got really brave and walked with it to school. After getting to school, the "headband" was almost invisible, as it was covered with other hair. Plus to hold the hair in place I had to use many bobby pins, which were sticking out from my hair looking like a miniature antenas.

So after this debacle I got home and decided to try the same thing but with a thicker braid. And yes it was visible, kinda creepy this time, but the bobby pins, even though I had like 20 stuck on my head weren't able to truly hold that amount of hair trying to go back to it's side of head. So throughout the evening the hair was traveling across my head.

Nope I didn't take a pictures, I'm sorry but I will try it out again and take a picture then. I still liked it even though it was a bit too creepy maybe. It looks like a headband made out of hair it will be creepy, for me at least, every time.

TIPS:

If you ever wanna try this look out, here are some tips. 

1. Get a LOADS of bobby pins.
2. Be prepared for a war with your hair.
3. No you won't feel comfortable.
4. Get a small (not too small so the braid will be visible, not too thick so it won't creep out strangers) amount of hair from behind you ear, create a braid and bobby pin it on the other side(of head).
5. Bobby pin it on the side you started the braid too, it will help to stop the travelling of the hair.
6. Just don't expect too much from it:)
7. No you won't feel comfortable.
8. Try to hide the bobby pins so you won't look like a hedgehog waiting for a call from space.
9. Nope, you can't really succeed with hiding the bobby pins.

So that's it I guess I just stick with combing my hair and leave it like that.
And sorry for lack of photos. I'm a horrible blogger I know.

xoxo
whitelilit

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov