Blogvent Calendar 2014: Day 23

Only one day till Christmas! What have you been up to? Packed all the gifts? And everything's ready? Have to go to work for the las...

Only one day till Christmas!

What have you been up to? Packed all the gifts? And everything's ready? Have to go to work for the last day? Or tomorrow as well?


Or is it your holiday and you are out skying and enjoying snow. Or warm and great weather. Or rain as I do here in middle of Europe?

It does not really matter where you are and what you do today, because tomorrow is Christmas no matter what you do! I have to do some stuff to work today, but it's cool because I love my job and what I do. I will be baking tomorrow and made a raspberry jam today. It's all just exciting.

In order to stay in holiday spirit smile today a little more. Just for yourself, even if you don't feel too happy in this moment. Just try it and smile. And if you're smiling for someone, make sure s/he sees it so that you make him/her happy as well. That's it, because Christmas is going to come and the best thing to do today, after all the baths and jams and baking that I provided you recipes, you should be fully relaxed and happy.

I have few more recipes for you, some of them are easier, some are a bit tricky but I've done all of them and they taste amazing. Just as a last little pre Christmas gift, because I think we are all ready for Christmas by now.

And I can't stop talking to you about how happy I feel in this exact moment, about being home with my family, and tomorrow riding home to my parents and getting together with everyone I love and enjoy being with. And I realize I should just shut up, but in case you are reading this, I hope I made you smile. Just for a while in a day, I hope I made you excited. Because no matter how or if you celebrate Christmas, you deserve smile and joy and also a bit of relax and luxury. That's it, I should stop speaking now. Here are my almost last recipes for Christmas baking.

Recipe nr 1.: Ice cubes

  • 2 eggs
  • 75 g of sugar
  • 5 spoons of water
  • 100 g of flour
  • 1/2 of package of baking powder
  • 50 g of shredded nuts

Mix egg yolks with sugar and water, add snow (made from egg whites), nuts and flour with baking powder. Bake on 175°C for about 25 - 30 minutes.Not sure about the timing so check it out and bake for more or less time.
  • 300 ml of milk
  • 3 tablespoons of flour
  • 120 g of butter
  • 100 g of sugar
  • 50 g of shredded nuts
From milk, sugar and flour make a hasty pudding and leave to cold. Mix butter with nuts and lastly the pudding and mix until it's fully combined. Coat over the baked flan and add chocolate topping on top.

Recipe nr 2.: Path of Štiavnica (Štiavnický chodníček)

  • 4 eggs
  • 75 g of sugar
  • 200 g of flour
  • 1/2 of package of baking powder
  • 150 g of shredded nuts
  • 8 tablespoons of boiling water
Mix eggs with yolks and sugar, add flour with baking powder, water and nuts. Finally slowly add the snow from egg whites.
  • 500 ml of milk
  • 2 packs of Zlaty Klas (if you don't know what that is add vanilla pudding)
  • 1 package of vanilla sugar
  • 250 g of butter
  • 150 g of sugar
  • rum (optional)
From milk, vanilla sugar, sugar and Zlaty Klas create a pudding. When cold mix with butter and if you like add a bit of rum about 1-3 tablespoons. Coat over the flan and top with chocolate topping.

Recipe nr 3.: Fruit cake
  • 3 eggs
  • 0.75 cup of sugar
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 baking powder
  • 1/2 a cup of oil
  • 0.75 cup of milk
Mix everything together, pour into baking tray and put cut fruits on top.

Recipe nr 4.: Caramel cake
Now this one is my favorite, that my grandma makes all the time and this is another one of her secret recipes. Make the icing first it has to be in a fridge for a while. She says at least 2 days, but we are way more lazy than she is.
  • 4 eggs
  • 200 g of sugar
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • 8 tablespoons of hot coffee
  • 10 tablespoons of oil
  • 260 g of flour
  • 1/2 of package of baking powder
  • 4 teaspoons of sugar
Mix egg yolks with coffee. Add sugar, oil flour eith baking powder, vanilla sugar, cocoa and lastly snow from egg whites. 
  • 9 tablespoons of sugar
  • 750 ml of whipping cream (3 packs)
Make caramel from sugar, add cream and boil (and stir!!!) until the caramel dissolves. Let to cool and leave in fridge for a night, can leave it there for up to one week. Make a whipping cream out of that and coat over the baked flan.  


Recipe nr 5.:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • 1 baking powder
  • 100 ml of water 
  • 100 ml of oil
  • 150 g of sugar
  • 200 g of flour
Mix eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar. Add water, oil and flour with baking powder.

  • 1 l of milk
  • 2 packs of pudding / custard powder
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • 4 tablespoons of sugar
Make a pudding out of all the ingredients and leave to cool. Coat over baked flan.

  • 2 packs of sour cream
  • 4 table spoons of sugar
  • 1 vanilla sugar
Mix all together and coat over the pudding. Sprinkle with cocoa.

That's it. If you can't choose from all of those recipes, than you have so many more in the previous blogs. Some of them are better for summer some for winter, I thought about all of you!

Christmas Carol of the day: Driving home for Christmas
I'm going home today, and this is my go to song every time I go home. Always!


Happy holidays and safe travel to all of you! Give  kiss to your loved ones for me.
Whitelilit

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov