Blogvent Calendar 2014: Day 1

Hello there magical Christmas creatures! It's that time of year, when you can start with decorating your house and playing all the Chr...

Hello there magical Christmas creatures!

It's that time of year, when you can start with decorating your house and playing all the Christmas music, even though Christmas is nowhere near. Today, as we open the first window on the advent calendars it is time to change the bedsheets to something more Christmas (or not if you're not into it) and light up the scented candles with cinnamon and tree scent.



I wanted to do a DIY for a Christmas candle, but due to the time management issues, also me being a really conscious person and not having anywhere to boil the candle wax I couldn't. No pictures than but I have a step by step guide how to create one.
I remember doing this as a kid, we used to get all the leftover wax from candles and make our own ones. The trick is to boil the wax, make sure you have the pan that you can use for that, even though we luckily didn't destroy anything. If you want something scented add the scent you want and mix it in. Then take a mason jar with a wick long enough in it and pour it all in and there you have it a perfectly smelling candle.
I found a great guide, a real one with pictures here so take a look if you want to.

Christmas Carol of A Day:
So I was looking for a great Christmas Carol to start. Since t is just a start and we don't want to get too deep into the Christmas start I was looking for something light and not too christmasy. Then I came across a very specific video, which is I think perfect. I also love the song, but the video, you must see the video. So to start this Christmas mood I present you this amazing remix and stop motion video.


Gilmore Girls episode for today: 1x08 Love, war and snow
I think there is no better start for Christmas countdown then with this episode. The annual standing in snow for the war that almost happend in Start Hollow is on and we find out that Luke has a warm heart and kind of fall in love with him. Also who wouldn't love Max.
The other thing why I love this episode is because there is the typical Lorelai moment, when we all realise that we can actually smell the coming snow. But I guess that no one will be as great with this ability as she is.

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov